Android Phone Tips
|Android Phone Tips|
The update to Android 2.2 Froyo for the Motorola Bravo is now available. Some new apps come preinstalled: Files, Latitude, Places, News and Weather, Google Search. The Dialer has received easy contact searching, T9-style. If not, force it to check by going to Menu > Settings > About phone > System updates. The Android 2.2 version of the software is labeled 37.4.0 by Motorola.
Once the update is downloaded, your phone will restart and update itself. Motorola was looking for 1,000 users to test Android2.2 Froyo on the Bravo smartphone earlier this month, and well, it looks like testing has gone well because the update has officially begun rolling out to all users....
Some good news has arrived for those sporting a Motorola Bravo smartphone — you have an update ready and waiting. And yes, that update is Android 2.2 Froyo. Anyway, all Motorola Bravo users who are currently running Android 2.1 Eclair can now officially upgrade to Android 2.2 Froyo. According to Motorola, the upgrade for the Bravo is 37.4.0 and “provides new features from Android 2.2 (Froyo) plus additional improvements.” The Android 2.2 highlights include;
- Adobe Flash Player 10.1
- microSD card app storage and automatic updating for apps
- Wi-Fi Hotspot
- USB Tethering
- Improvements to the keyboard: “Added punctuation to the suggestion ribbon so contractions will display correctly.”
As for those improvements specific to the Motorola Bravo, those include;
· Profiles: Added profiles feature that provides three customizable sets of home screens to give you access to the apps, shortcuts, and widgets you want, when you need them.
· Applications: Added new applications Files, Latitude, Places, News and Weather, Google Search.
· Dialer search: Phone numbers and contacts can now be searched from the dialer screen by entering the first few letters of the contact’s name or first few digits of the contact’s number.
· Task Manager: Added Task manager app to assist with managing apps.
· LinkedIn: LinkedIn® social network accounts can now be added to integrate with contacts, social networking updates, and messaging.
· Security: Added new security features, including Exchange-based encryption and password security.
· Gallery: Updated the design of the user interface.
With that, there are two options available for getting the update, sit back and wait for the update notification to arrive or be slightly more pro-active and go the manual check and update route. The waiting for the notification route is fairly self explanatory, however for those looking to check now, grab your Bravo and navigate to Menu -> Settings -> About phone – System updates -> Download.
By. Android Phone Tips