Android Phone Tips
|Android Phone Tips|
The update process can be fun and not so fun when it comes to software, but the update does happen eventually. For Acer ICONIATab A500 owners the update from Android 3.0 up to Android 3.1 has started being dispatched globally. Acer had announced the update would start rolling in July and they have delivered.
The update is coming over the air, as most Android update tend to arrive, but some areas are going to receive the update quicker than others.
One cause for update fails is a rooted tablet. Android 3.1 Honeycomb will bring users up to speed with the latest version of Google's tablet operating system. Unfortunately the Android 3.1 Honeycomb update for the Acer Iconia Tab A100, the smaller 7in model, has been delayed and won't be out until September. Acer recently cut its tablet shipments by 60 per cent. Once you do get updated to Android3.1 you’ll get the following added to your A500 tablet:
- Expanded Recent Apps list – The multi-tasking feature built-in with Honeycomb has been improved so that it can hold more application thumbnails.
- Resizable Home screen widgets – The ability to change the physical size of all your homepage widgets will be available to you.
- Support for external keyboards and pointing devices – You’ll be able to use a USB or Bluetooth keyboard and mouse with your tablet.
- Support for joysticks and gamepads – You’ll be able to use your USB connectable gamepads, like the XBOX 360 or PlayStation 3 controllers.
- Updated set of standard apps – The Browser, Calendar, Contacts, Email, and Gallery native applications have either been improved with new features and/or UI optimizations.
By. Android Phone Tips